Monday, December 04, 2006

Kapler Still Wants to Be A Red Sox


From the Boston Herald:

Kapler, meanwhile, remained upbeat that he will return to the Sox. The 31-year-old outfielder made a complete recovery from a ruptured left Achilles tendon and batted .254 with two homers in 72 games. Considering that he wasn’t offered arbitration last year and still managed to return, Kapler knows that no doors are closed.
“I’ll continue to touch base and if it’s meant to work out, it will,” he said. “Obviously, I’ve cherished my time in Boston, and if it continues, great, but if not, it wasn’t meant to be.”
Even if he does end up signing elsewhere, Kapler is optimistic his life’s path will lead him back to Boston eventually.
“I truly believe I’m meant to be back there,” he said. “I’ll be back, whether it’s next year, two years from now, five years from now or 10 years from now. It’s somewhere I feel very comfortable and I’ve been happiest in my career, and I think everyone realizes that."


I hope he comes back, too!

No comments: