Saturday, April 28, 2007
Friday, April 27, 2007
The Triangle will be well-represented this summer in the inaugural Clash of the Carolinas high school all-star boys and girls soccer games.
North Carolina boys and girls all-star teams will play teams from South Carolina.
The North Carolina girls roster includes Broughton keeper Kelsey Weavil, Sanderson forward Kara Baldy, Broughton midfielder Katie Evans, Southeast Raleigh forward Katie Jordan, Apex midfielder Jennifer Partenheimer and Apex defender Jordan Sayer.
The boys team includes Broughton keeper Will Macvick, East Chapel Hill midfielder Peter Christmas, Chapel Hill forward Tommy Drake and Broughton defender Tyler Duncan.
Broughton's Izzy Hernandez is one of the North Carolina boys coaches.
(Note: the last three boy's players are all on Triangle FC 88 Navy. Way to go, guys!)
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Monday, April 23, 2007
Enormous beer guts. Embarrassing bowl cuts. Double chins. Mullets. With all of the ugly dudes out there — like that guy with the porno mustache sitting across from you on the Green Line right now — you’d think compiling a list of the 100 unsexiest men in the world would be easy. Like Paris Hilton easy.
But when it comes to sexiness in men, there’s so much more to it than looks.
They nailed it pretty well. My eyeballs feel kind of greasy now and I need some serious brain sanitizer.
The hobo drawing days are unfortunately over, however, but now Ape Lad (aka Adam Koford) will, for $20, draw you a scene from you or your child's favorite fairy tale. (As long as it isn't Shrek!) I may get one of these, too, because I really like his drawings and the great way he presents them.
(PS--after I posted the drawing, I noticed that it coincidentally matches my blog layout colors really closely. Scary!)
Thursday, April 19, 2007
And no, I won't tell you which eight.
60 Things Worth Shortening Your Life For from Esquire.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
88 Triangle FC Navy 1
88 G'boro Green 0
(TD scores the lone goal.)
93 Triangle FC Navy G 3
93 G'boro Gold 2
88 Triangle FC Navy 6
88 Triangle FC White 0
(TD with a hat trick.)
Not a bad week for the LDSM kids...
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Get well soon, Kasey!
(From 4/16/07 Soccer America)
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
The Greenville Drive win their first game of the year, coming back from a 5-1 deficit over the Columbus Catfish. It was Gabe Kapler’s first managerial win.
The Boston Red Sox won their home opener yesterday against the Mariners, pounding the snot out of them 14-3.
The Durham Bulls are supposed to have their first day game this afternoon, which probably isn't going to happen because it's raining. Which also means my son's soccer game is most likely going to be cancelled (for the second time).
PS. Yankees suck.
Sunday, April 08, 2007
By the way--I'm buying half-price chocolate bunnies and Peeps tomorrow morning because my kids won't be home from Spring Break until tomorrow night and they won't know any better. Plus they are teenagers so all they want is the sugar, it doesn't matter when they get it.
My favorites so far are the Rainbow Bubble Ball (a bargain at $2.95!), the Mango Splitter (I always wondered how to cut those things up), and of course, the Pooper Chicken.
(PS-this is not a paid or sponsored endorsement. I just read about them today in the Sunday paper and thought it was a cool site with nifty products.)
Did I just type "nifty"?
Saturday, April 07, 2007
PLEASE tell me, why do I keep getting an ad for "The Gay Quiz"? (You may or may not see it above, based on when you're reading this.) Is is because Gabe Kapler is a gay icon? Is it my choice of songs? Is it the Green Parrot blog link? I really don't mind having the ad, I just can't figure out what I wrote recently to make it show up. I guess Google likes it that way.
Thursday, April 05, 2007
Well, I can do the first part, but I'm not sure I can come up with seven new victims. We'll see how it goes...these are in no particular order, and they are just songs that have been stuck in my head the last few days. The ones I like, I mean. Not stupid songs like Fergalicious.
- Boston by Augustana. This is probably because I won tickets to a private show they were having last week, and then couldn't go. Part of the reason I didn't go was because my 13 year old daughter wanted to see them, and the venue was strictly 21 and over. Rats. It might also be here because hubby is making his yearly pilgrimage to the Red Sox' opening day, on Saturday.
- California by Phantom Planet. (No, this isn't a theme starting here...) This one shows up because my oldest left for Santa Monica, CA yesterday, with three of his best friends, for Spring Break. Lucky little brat.
- Tired of Being Alone by The Reverend Al Green. Isn't it funny how eighteen year olds "discover" old music from time to time, and then are amazed when you tell them you already have CDs by that artist that they can borrow? This song seemed to be on iTunes repeat, drifting out of oldest boy's room for days and days.
- Perfect Circle by R.E.M. This song gives me the chills, every time I hear it. I remember walking around Duke campus in the early 80's with my crappy fake walkman, listening to Murmur over and over. Even now when I'm on campus I have R.E.M playing in my head.
- What a Wonderful World by Art Garfunkel. Just because it's a pretty song and it's spring.
- Breakfast in America by Supertramp. The whole album, not just the song. I started listening to this because of that silly Gym Class Heroes song, and because a Supertramp sample shows up in some rap song my son has been listening to lately. BIA was the soundtrack of my senior year in high school back in Maryland, pretty much. It's still fun to listen to today.
- The Running With Scissors soundtrack, especially The Things We Do For Love by 10cc and Teach Your Children by CSN. These songs mostly remind me of junior high. OK so my mind is regressing--what can I say?
Thanks, Paula, for the tag! That was kinda fun. But don't make a habit of it! :)
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Saturday, March 31
93 Triangle FC Navy girls 2, 93 TUSA Gold 6 (ouch!)
88 Triangle FC Navy boys 2, 88 HFC Red 1
Sunday, April 1
88 Triangle FC Navy boys 9, 88 Charlotte SC Blue 1
Only 3 regular season games left...wow, that went fast. Then on to State Cup and Super Y League.