Sunday, October 15, 2006

Breast Cancer Victory

From a great blog I discovered today:

“Although we still need to run some tests, I think it is clear to all of us that we are dealing with breast cancer”

These words came from a man I barely knew, whom I had met just an hour before these words were spoken. This man is my breast cancer doctor. His words shattered my confidence and belief in my own ability to live forever. In a single moment, my life flashed in front of me, my plans for the future were called into question, and the happiness I had begun my day with was suddenly and completely overshadowed by these terrifying words.

Who am I, and why am I telling you my story?

My name is Sylvie. I am an ordinary 36 year old Canadian woman. I am the mother of three teenagers. I own my own business and my home is my office. After 12 years of being a single mom, I am getting married in a few days, to the man who is my soulmate, The One I have been waiting for my entire life. Until today, my future was bright and full of incredible promise. And now, I face an uncertain and frightening future.

I have been diagnosed with breast cancer…

No comments: